Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh



This book is awesome. Well, all books are awesome.

This book is mainly composed of romance and a bit of action. It is in third person but is in Shahrzad's perspective, mainly. It also switches points of views.
 This book takes you into the story and leaves you wondering what will happen next. I found myself honestly very confused and lost after the prologue, but of course being who I am, I am always lost. Later on, though, I found myself thinking, Ohhh. However, you may get lost because there is a lot of new terminology, as this is supposedly set in an earlier time period. It also uses plenty of figurative language, which is wonderful, unless you don't understand figurative language all that well.
  This book is also very mysterious, and it builds up a lot until the end. I had so many questions exploding within me, and not all of them were answered at the end. (Ahhh!)
  The main character, Shahrzad is extremely clever and headstrong. She keeps a lot of secrets. She is very loyal and always tries to stick to her first intent. You may find yourself groaning like I did at her thoughts (depending on your ship, of course). She is also skilled, and has a very quick and sharp tongue. I found myself laughing at her smart retorts. You could say she has a silver tongue. She has a figurative wall around her, and is usually quick to strike others verbally.
   The other main character, Khalid- the boy-king, as others call him, is also very mysterious as well. He is very irritating at first, but when you get to know him, he is very different than what you might imagine. He is very closed at the beginning of the story.
   You may get frustrated with the movement of the plot (It's going too fast! It's going too slow!), and I got extremely frustrated with Shahrzad because of her thinking and whatnot. (Of course, frustration is definitely okay. How else would there be a plot?)
   Do I like this book? Hate it? Well~, I loved it! (Then again, I love almost every book, so...)
If you like different POVs, wonderful imagery, action, and romance, this book is most definitely for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment